What Is Inbound Marketing: Your Beginners Guide To Various Aspects Of Inbound Marketing
Businesses thrive on marketing and promotions, and in such a scenario, it is imperative to invest in quality marketing techniques that best complement your products and services.
We all don’t love the tons of promotional emails and pop-up ads that come uninvited to our daily life. That’s why now businesses are moving towards inbound marketing that’s more about providing value instead of making people get annoyed with unwanted promotions. With content being one of the prime strategies for building your customer base, it’s time to get deeper into marketing techniques that use the content as a key component.
Today in this article, we will provide you with a beginner’s guide to getting started with inbound marketing for your business. Read on to soak in all the great information! Let’s get started!
What Is Inbound Marketing And How It Can Benefit You?
Inbound marketing is a content-based marketing method that serves your customers through high-quality content pieces tailored to the needs of your target audience.
These content pieces always serve to be a step ahead of being just a promotional message and provide a greater view on things that matter. And that’s the primary reason why more and more companies are going forward with inbound marketing. To back this up with data, ‘HubSpot Research, Global Survey, Nov-Dec 2019‘ stated that 70% of marketers actively invest in content marketing. This exactly suggests its knack of building trust and awareness among the target audience in a very authentic manner.
The content can be anything and in any format, such as video content, podcast, infographics, blogs, etc. The extent of choices depends on your creativity! Inbound marketing is considered one of the highly cost-effective marketing methods that, when done strategically, can yield an excellent result.
Thinking your business is apt for inbound marketing? Get started with a robust inbound marketing strategy with Parel Creative! We provide the best content marketing services in Kochi tailored according to the goals of your business, so your relevant leads arrive in search of you. Explore your possibilities now!
Here are some of the leading benefits of inbound marketing.
- It generates relevant leads as only genuine people interested in that business would be engaging with the content.
- It is cost-effective because it just needs fewer resources to produce in comparison to video ads or even just an internet ad.
- It helps in nurturing long term relationships with customers because when you provide high-quality content to your customers the chances of maintaining the connection are high.
- It increases the brand awareness and trust level since you help your audience to solve their common problems.
- Providing valuable and information-rich content plays a huge role in educating prospects helping them make better decisions. And they would definitely thank you for this.
Inbound Marketing Strategy Tips You Must Follow
There is a tone of inbound marketing strategies out there ready to be used for businesses. But amidst those strategies, some are capable of producing high results. Include these in your main strategy, and you would see a vast difference in the efforts. Here you go!
- Write attractive headlines and make your content visually aesthetic by including relevant and high-quality images.
- Write in-depth data-driven articles that provide a deep insight into the topic.
- Include all the relevant keywords and optimise everything for the search engines (SEO).
- Promote your content on the right social media platforms to build strong backlinks
- Get started and build effective email marketing campaigns as it can contribute to a massive ROI in the long run.
- Make it mobile-friendly as now smartphone users are increasing at a very high rate.
Types of Content That Can Actually Yield Results In Inbound Marketing
When it comes to inbound marketing materials, there are plenty of options to choose from while keeping everything under budget. However, while choosing the perfect content type, bear in mind the target audience, their behaviour, the platform you ought to share and the goals behind creating this content because all these factors can have a significant impact on how successful your inbound marketing efforts are. For example, if your target audience is the younger generation, then creating video content and using the YouTube platform for promotions may be more effective than a detailed eBook.
Here are the few primary ones that are considered highly engaging as well as interesting content for any businesses. Whatever content type you opt for, always aim to include helpful information that proves to be of some value.
- Videos: Video types such as animation video or an expert interview are great to engage your audience. Get some ideas here!
- Blogs: Detailed blog posts about things that matter can educate and increase your brand awareness in a not so promotional manner.
- e-Books: In-depth eBooks such as guides are fruitful in attracting the right prospects for your business.
- Social media: Short and crisp social media content can work a great deal in building up excitement among your target audience.
- Infographics: Colourful, informative and pleasant infographics are a sure-shot way to get interactive with your audience
- Newsletters: Your subscribers should be treated with something special every then and now, and that’s when newsletters come to the rescue. You can incorporate a lot of informational stuff along with your business updates on a regular basis with newsletters.
- Podcasts: Podcasts are the best way to use the audio medium. In 2021, creating podcasts have become a child’s play. Also, do incorporate these podcasts on your websites as well.
- Webinars: Another different type of content type to interact with your customers at their comfort and convenience.
The 5 Principles of Inbound Marketing
Inbound marketing is guided by five principles, namely standardise, contextualise, optimise, personalise, and empathise or simple S.C.O.P.E. No matter what your strategy is, making sure it adheres to these five principles can be essential to have a functional marketing strategy.
Standardise: It is how you maintain the consistency of your story for different users and personas. For example, if your brand promises to build a strong online presence, then it should be consistent for every type of customer irrespective of what strategy they choose.
Contextualise: Contextualise involves tailoring your messages to resonate with the right people. The way you deliver the content should reflect the persona’s pain points, their stage in the buyer’s journey and the channel through which you’re delivering content.
Optimise: Optimising is all about analysing your strategy so as to find the loopholes and how you can better deliver it. It involves steps such as learning about trends, studying the results, performing experiments, observing data and many more.
Personalise: To build a connection with your target audience, it is vital to personalise the marketing strategy. For example, you can send out your content addressing personally using their name or use the prospect’s first name in an email. It makes them feel special while allowing you to engage with prospects quickly and successfully.
Empathise: In this world of computers, smartphones and robots, people now are really craving things that have a humane touch to them. So, when you empathise with your prospects, it strongly helps you build an emotional connection with them that is difficult to ignore.
And that’s all about it! Inbound marketing can serve as an excellent opportunity for people who are starting on their business journey. But let us tell you whatever marketing technique you prefer, the key to excelling remains in how much you focus on that particular strategy. When it comes to inbound marketing, the focus should be on delivering valuable content that helps your target audience to find answers to their problems. Also, not to forget promoting it enough is essential to generate results from your high-quality content pieces.
Connect with us to get superior content pieces along with a great inbound marketing strategy, and you will see yourself flourishing in the market. Learn more here!