Competition is heating up for businesses than ever before. Even if you have quirky ideas and plenty of marketing strategies at hand, capturing the attention of potential customers and growing your sales may seem like a daunting task. Though there are a lot of marketing tactics you could use to fuel your business growth and stay afloat, nailing your video marketing strategy will be the most effective in the present digital age.
Of course, video marketing is not a brand new trend; but the way it has evolved and is being used is new. Well, as that’s the case, get to grips with the practices below for employing video marketing campaigns the right way to propel your business forward.
1. Start a YouTube Channel
Social media channels tend to become one of the most quintessential platforms for online video marketing. This poses the next concern. What is the ideal approach to post videos on social media? Should it be uploaded directly to the social channel, or should it be uploaded to YouTube and then share the YouTube link to the social channel?
Our suggestion is to create a YouTube channel for your brand, upload your video content to YouTube first, and then share it across the required platforms.
Wonder why? Because YouTube marketing is a great way to improve your search engine rankings! You might have noticed Google fetching out optimized results from YouTube when you search for some types of keywords. The more views the video has, the more likely it is to show up in Google searches.
Another valuable reason why you should choose uploading videos on YouTube is that the “SHARE” link for videos on YouTube makes it much easier to share on any social network like Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, WordPress, or even SlideShare. Just click on the SHARE option, choose the required social media network as the list pops up, and then hit PUBLISH.
2. Make Your Video Campaigns Short and Precise
Do you know almost one-fifth of the total viewers will click away from a video within 10 seconds or less?
So, it’s very important that you spark your audience’s curiosity by asking questions and by getting right to the grit of the tale within the first 5-10 seconds.
Your video should immediately convey its answer to a question that will be on your audience’s mind – “why should I watch this video?”. Here are a few tips that will help you as you create your video content.
- Maintain your video length at or around 60-90 seconds.
- Make your video engaging for viewers when it’s playing both with the sound on and off. To optimize videos for silent playback, go for beautiful visuals, compelling subtitles, and text-heavy descriptions.
- Grab your viewers’ attention with exciting thumbnails.
3. Optimize Your Video for SEO
Make use of these tactics to ensure your videos get found easier in search engines:
- Host the video content on your domain.
- Enable embedding on your video to increase the possibility of receiving inbound marketing links.
- Put short descriptions and unique titles that make your videos more scrapable by Google’s search spiders.
- Tag your videos with searchable terms and relevant keywords.
4 . Educate Your Audience
One of the most dominant techniques you can use for video marketing is to educate your audience. If you’re selling a product, fit a lot of information into a short video to explain to the viewers how exactly that works.
Well, let’s imagine that your business sells kitchen items.
Your audience will likely have questions on how to use a particular product to make cooking much easier. So, you could incorporate videos that specifically explain people’s concerns. Remember, a video is a lot more powerful than nameless texts.
5 . Share Success Stories and Customer Testimonials
Focus on the success stories of your customers that they achieved from using your product/service. As you may know, vague statements like “GOOD PRODUCT” or “LOVED IT” doesn’t cut in customer stories. Always aim to expose answers for questions like:
- What’s the biggest advantage the customer has gained by using the product?
- How much money did the customer save on the product?
- Did the product let the customer save his/her time?
Definitely, there will be value in sharing this, as such videos can be also used as advertisements.
Subtly highlighting testimonials from your happy customers will more likely help audience gain more trust in your business. Also, this kind of social proof is beneficial from the SEO sense as it spreads good words for your company on the web.
6 . Make the Video More Interactive
Isn’t it viral yet..?
Stop being constrained by the traditional strategies your competitors have been following in the industry. People always want to experience new, better things. They love to interact with the brand than just watching a conventional video. So, use interactive videos to attract users to your brand. Here are a few ways you can use interactive videos effectively:
- Allow your audience to shop the items they see on screen.
- Within your video, embed links driving to your webpage.
- Try hotspots that let viewers click or interact with that shape at any point. For example, the shirt of a person walking down the street can be a hotspot with a clickable link to buy.
- Make use of the branching technique that will give the viewer the option to pick between related videos and guide the story’s narrative.
And the ultimate takeaway is… to leave the yawnsome content, stand out and take a chance on being funny and engaging!
7. Send Out to Bulk Audience List & Respond to All Comments
Send out a blast to your lists of the audience (it can be either an email list or push notification list) within the first hour. Delivering notifications to potential viewers can help you get the videos to go viral. Also, ensure that you instantly respond when someone leaves a comment, so that, they can build a better relationship with your brand.
Video has dominated the digital marketing sectors today. It’s projected that videos will make up to 80% of the total internet traffic by 2020. You need a bit of that digital pie, don’t you? Implementing online video marketing alone, in your digital marketing strategy is insufficient for a successful run. Keep in mind – understanding your audience and reaching out to them with relevant marketing strategies is an essential perspective to survive in the current digital climate! To get some creative juice to create your videos, and know more about digital marketing to boost your business, get in touch with Parel Creative.