Top Digital Marketing Types You Should Consider For Your Marketing Strategy
Digital marketing has always remained a massive force behind various brand’s popularity. Its interactive approach makes it an ideal way to reach and engage with the target audience. It is also one of those marketing techniques which require a lot less equipment and resources to get started. All you need is the internet, an innovative digital marketing strategy and some creative juices. Although, some digital marketing tools can come in handy to add some extra benefits.
With so many types of digital marketing available, it has become eminent to select the one that offers you the most significant output. Hence, we are here to talk about the top digital marketing types you should consider. We have also included some very practical tips that you can actually implement in your marketing strategy.
If you are thinking about upgrading your digital marketing efforts, you are at the right place! Parel Creative, the best digital marketing agency in Kerala, India has experts who can provide you with the best services to transform your online marketing. Learn more!
Now back to the article, let’s dive in!
#1. Social Media Marketing
We all have used different social media platforms for consuming information, entertainment and a lot more other stuff. But when we use it to promote something, it is termed as social media marketing and has remained one of the active choices of marketing strategy. According to Hootsuite’s social media statistics 2021, social media platforms gained 490 million users this year, making it an ideal channel for brand promotion. Most of the credit for its effectiveness goes to the ability to add a new level of engagement and interaction. You can reply to comments, share customer reviews, like and interact with your target audience within seconds.
When it comes to cost, it’s way lesser than other marketing types where you can either choose paid social media marketing or go for a more organic approach like using Facebook groups, page posts, stories, etc.
With a lot of options in social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and many others, choosing the right one and adopting the best trending strategy is the key to ace social media promotions. Try to focus on one or two social media platforms rather than focusing on multiple ones, which can often lead to loss of quality.
? Tips for social media marketing
- Provide a rich visual experience.
- Build communities around actionable hashtags, also known as user-generated content.
- Your social campaigns should be based on your business objectives.
- Use your best-converting ad copy with powerful images.
- Narrow and restrict your marketing to your target audience to boost engagement and reduce costs.
Related Read: How Can I Promote My Business On Social Media
#2. Content Marketing
Content marketing involves preparing content such as video, text, or multimedia to be used for marketing purposes. Content here can range from ad copy, blog articles, social media posts, tutorial videos, white papers, reports and much more.
Through content marketing, you get the opportunity to build your brand awareness, educate them, entertain them while inspiring them to take favourable action. To make your content marketing strategy result-oriented, you have to focus on providing high-quality content on a regular basis that’s seen as valuable and interesting by your audience as well as represents your brand, its values and objectives.
? Tips for content marketing
- Write relevant and actionable content.
- Note down your content marketing goals.
- Longer content gets more attention from both Google and people.
- Understand your buyer persona.
- Guest posts are excellent for link building.
- Cater to the rules of each platform.
- Optimize your content to make it search-friendly.
- Try influencer marketing for better content exposure.
#3. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO, as the name suggests, optimizes your content for the search engines. It enables your content to rank on the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) whenever someone searches for a particular keyword, to acquire quality website traffic. And with quality website traffic, it means your products and services are getting organic promotions making it one of the best free digital marketing techniques compared to the paid ones.
As a matter of fact, most people tend to believe something as more trustworthy when they find it on a Search Engine Results Page than when that similar thing is found through an advertisement.
But don’t mistake it to be an easy task. With millions and millions of contents being published through the internet every day, it would take you a lot of effort and time to actually mark a place on this vast platform called the internet. The key lies in the constant deployment of a smart SEO strategy. To make your website content SEO friendly, you have to create content that people are actively searching for on the internet while incorporating keywords or the search terms throughout your content in a creative and meaningful manner. Want more tips? Read on!
? Tips for SEO
- Posting more frequently improves Google rankings.
- Focus on seamless integration of relevant keywords.
- Optimize HTML for each and every single piece of content you produce – title tags, meta description, schema, subheads, image description.
- Engage in link building even if it means linking to other websites with relevant content.
- Create quality content that doesn’t give reasons to leave your site.
- Eliminate things that slow down your website.
- Format content for featured snippets.
- Regularly keep a watch on Google algorithm updates.
#4. Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC)
In Pay Per Click or PPC, you basically pay for the clicks meaning the advertiser has to pay an amount for each click on their online ad. This means you are buying visits on the contrary to acquiring organic search. One example where PPC is implemented a lot is search engine advertising, where you see ads placed on the Search Engine Results Page, remarketing and display advertising (banner ads).
PPC advertising is considered best for commercial searches when people are searching for something to buy. In PPC, all ads are subjected to Ad Auction, which is a bidding system. Here the advertisers have to place bids for keywords for which they want to show up their ads.
PPC advertising is used primarily to increase sales, generate leads and promote brand awareness. Getting started with PPC requires you to choose a campaign type as in whether it is meant for the search network, display network, product listings, etc. The next step involves choosing a target device (desktops, tablets, mobile devices) and a target location. Then comes the ad scheduling, where you are allowed to select the desired time for running ads and afterwards setting your daily budget, which is the amount you want to spend each day for your campaign.
? Tips for PPC marketing
- Bid on relevant keywords that are related to your business to get ROI from your ad spend.
- Focus on high-performance PPC keywords.
- Write a compelling ad copy.
- Choose the bid strategy that most complements your business goals.
- Present the advertisement at the most opportune time.
- Use Ad extensions (phone number, address, links to landing pages).
#5. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is a marketing technique where an affiliate promotes your products and services for which he/she earns a commission. It is a prevalent marketing technique among bloggers who promote certain products through their blog posts.
According to a study by Business Insider, 80% of brands and 84% of publishers use affiliate marketing. The credit to such an enormous user base for affiliate marketing goes to its immense benefits, which include low cost of start-up, low risk, targeted traffic, performance-based, flexibility and high ROI.
To get started with affiliate marketing, you need to decide on a platform, choose your niche, find an affiliate, create content, drive traffic to your affiliate site and convert your clicks to sales. Some of the most prominent programs are Amazon Associates, Etsy Affiliates, eBay Affiliates, The Zalando Partner Program and the AliExpress Affiliate.
? Tips to attract new affiliates
- Provide an appreciable customer service.
- Flaunt your success stories.
- Design an attractive affiliate signup landing page.
- Advertise the program in your newsletter.
- Treat your affiliates well
- Pay the commissions quickly.
- Leverage your Facebook group/page.
#6. Email Marketing
Email marketing is a classical marketing approach where you send commercial emails to a group of people who can be your potential clients, customers, or email subscribers. It is an extremely cost-effective strategy used to boost conversions and increase revenue by providing valuable information. Such a kind of marketing technique can help you nurture a relationship with your audience and build trust in your brand.
Note that it doesn’t mean shooting tons of promotional messages to your audience’s email inbox; rather, it involves earning subscribers through persistent efforts of bringing value to them.
At present, email marketing has moved its approach from one-size-fits-all mass mailings to segmented and personalized emails. This shift of focus has, in fact, led to the rise in email marketing popularity, making it a seamless choice for influencing your target audience easily and more directly. Some examples of email marketing are promotional emails, newsletters, announcements, infographics, etc.
? Tips for email marketing
- Build a responsive design email.
- Craft and personalize your email copy.
- Send a welcome email for new subscribers.
- Grow your email list using valuable and effective lead magnets.
- Make it visually enriching.
Let’s Wind Up!
With a proper understanding of different digital marketing techniques, you can now find out which one works best for you. Not every type is suited for every business type. Some may perform very good in one while very poor in others and recognising that opportunity is how you can leverage this channel.
So, that’s it! Hope you enjoyed reading this. Feel free to connect with us for exemplary digital marketing services.